Happy Monday everyone!
It has been a while since I baked a loaf so thought I’d make one 🙂
Recipe adapted from http://daa.asn.au/recipes/wholemeal-date-and-walnut-loaf/
2 eggs, lightly beaten
100 g pitted dates, chopped
45 g margarine
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup water
40 g walnuts, chopped
1 cup self-raising flour
1 cup wholemeal flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoon LSA
oil to spray
1) Preheat oven to 180°C.
2) Combine dates, margarine, sugar and water in a saucepan. Stir and boil gently. Set aside to cool.
3) Sift flour, baking powder, LSA.
4) Add in walnuts and eggs
5) Add in date mixture and mix well.
6) Lightly spray a loaf tin pan. Line with baking paper.
7) Pour mixture into pan
8) Bake for 45-50 mins. Skewer should come out clean.
9) Remove from oven and cool for 10 mins
10) Turn out on a cooling rack. Slice and serve with yoghurt, if desired.